For Consideration: Please provide your resume with cover letter outlining your experience.
Please submit above to: email@example.com with the job title of interest in the subject line
About The Job:
We are currently seeking a Pre Owned Car Buyer with the drive and determination to succeed, as well as the ability to meet customer needs. The Pre Owned Car Buyer is responsible for providing the Used Car Sales department with a supply of marketable used vehicles within the purchasing policies and financial guidelines of the dealership.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
- Keeps abreast of auto auction activity and prices and attends auctions on a regular basis.
- Determines what vehicles to recondition and which vehicles to sell as wholesale.
- Attends car auctions to sell trade-in vehicles and purchase used vehicles.
- Communicates with technicians on a daily basis to verify status on vehicles being reconditioned.
- Coordinates bodywork to be completed after reconditioning has been performed.
- Ensure vehicles are not on the sales lot more than 90 days.
- Informs and provides the sales managers and representatives detailed reports of current inventory of reconditioned vehicles.
- Maintains record and inventory of all vehicles purchased through auctions and those received through trade-ins.
- Approves all paperwork from auctions and provides proper documentation to the office for purchases.
- Negotiates prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for vehicles.
- Keeps a breast of current market and valuation of used vehicles.
- Develops and maintains outside relationships for both buying and selling units.
- Achieves production and guest satisfaction objections set by management.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management.
- Assists in all other areas of the Sales department.
- Maintains high ethical standards.
- Maintains professional appearance
- A high school diploma or equivalent; a college degree, desired
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience; with one (1) year of vehicle appraisal experience desired
- Non Lexus purchasing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts (such as adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and their application; vehicle leasing concepts; equity values and depreciation; and laws that govern retail automotive sales
- Ability to coordinate activities with other employees; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; learn and understand the federal, state, and local laws which govern retain auto sales; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; and use standard office equipment
- Must have a valid sales driver’s license and maintain an acceptable and safe driving record
Thank you for your interest in our Company!